Re: Add elf64-sparc TLS support.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:52:23 -0700
Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 09:14:58PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> > So the compiler is emitting them, and gas is emitting relocs for
> > the .vtable_* mnemonics, it just isn't usable at link time due to
> > how the ABI works now?
>
> No one is emitting them, and no one is using them.  Because they
> aren't useable

gcc-3.4 is emitting them.  I know because because the BFD backend
was crashing due to some bugs in my sparc changes as I was
working on them.  There were BFD_*_VT* relocations, .vtable_* was
in the generated assembler, and at link time BFD was trying to work
with these relocations.

I don't question that they're useless or whatever.  But the compilers
in use by people today are generating the .vtable_* bits, at least
on sparc.