Re: elf32-arm.c corrections

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 15:27, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> it was only sent to discuss it, because I can't be sure that it is ok, I
> am looking since about 1-2 month at differences between arm and other
> archs, because it had a false TEXTREL entry in all shared libs. This is
> solved in the mean time. My intention is to get arm in sync w/ other
> archs, to support PIE as well (currently not supported), see another patch
> from me.

Asking if it is OK is, in effect, asking me to review it.  If you are
asking for a general 'this is a work-in-progress, but is this the right
approach' comments then please put RFC in the subject line.

> > 2) Describe the patch (you've done that, though it could be a little
> > clearer).
> > 3) Provide a ChangeLog entry describing the mechanics of the patch
> > (functions that have been changed and how).
>
> Is it approved? I will.

You miss the point.  It can't be approved until that is provided.  It's
needed as part of the review process.

> > 5) State which configurations you've tested the patch on.
>
> works natively on arm v4 (uclibc based)

You still haven't provided the configuration string that you used to
configure the tools (arm-elf? arm-coff?).

Please don't make me try to guess what you know, you'll end up wasting
both my and your time in the long run.

R.