Re: Optimization of GAS

I want to make GAS faster. I profiled it and found out that lots of the time takes on working with hash. What do you thing about changing hash mechanism into hash_map from stl. Will it work faster ?

GAS really isn't a bottleneck on modern machines that have plenty of buffer cache.

I changed the GCC c-torture/compile.exp tests last year so that they just compiled rather than including the assembly step (ie. using -S instead of -c), thinking it would speed up those tests. Over that large testsuite, the saving was less than 0.1%.

If you'd like to make something faster, work on the linker!

Ben