Re: Q: Estimated date for 2.16 release ?

Hi Aaron,

For i386 PE targets, there is an issue with weak symbol support.  Since
2.16 will be the first release where these "work," it would be nice if
their semantics were fixed for the foreseeable future.

A good idea.

Specifically, while the current PE weak symbol semantics are correct
with respect to applicable standards and documentation, they are
incompatible with ELF in one particular respect.  The feedback I have
received indicates that this sort of compatibility may be important.
See <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10854052> for
details.

I'm waiting for feedback on the mingw-dvlpr list (or here).  If it seems
the consensus is that this extension should be implemented, I'll submit
a patch.  The latest I'd submit a patch would be on February 21.

Actually I think that you are pretty much the expert in this area. So if you feel that this extension should be implemented then I am happy to review your patch and apply it.