Re: Q: Estimated date for 2.16 release ?

Hi Anil,

We are very keen to become maintainers for H8/300 target in Binutils. I would be grateful if you could tell me ( or give a link) which describes maintainer responsibilities. We will do our best to fulfill them.

There is a lot of information about maintainership of GNU projects at this site:

http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/

The good news however is that for binutils being a maintainer of a port to a particular target is lot simpler. So instead take a look at this file:

<binutils-sources>/binutils/MAINTAINERS

and in particular the section on maintainers.

So if you feel that you can work to improve the h8/300 port, review changes by other people to h8/300 specific files, and watch for changes to the generic code that adversely affects the h8/300 port then you are suitable to be a maintainer fir the h8/300 port.