Re: Branches in CVS repository?

Hi Guys,

I put the BRANCHES file in binutils/, since that's what Nick approved, and I'm not sure who could approve putting it at top level. I'm happy to move it, if necessary. If more changes need to be made, let me know.

I certainly don't object to BRANCHES being at the top level, I just felt that it would be confusing to have MAINTAINERS in the binutils/ directory and BRANCHES in the top level. Perhaps it would be better to move the MAINTAINERS file to the top level and rename it MAINTAINERS.binutils ?

Alternatively we could have a small top level BRANCHES file that just says something like:

  "For descriptions of per-project branches in the CVS repository see
   these project specific files:

    binutils:   binutils/BRANCHES
    GDB         ???
    cygwin      ???
    libiberty   ???

   If the file does not exist it means that project specific
   branches have yet to be created."

Cheers Nick