Re: PATCH: Reduce size of SymbianOS DLLs

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 08:24:45AM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:

Nick Clifton wrote:

Hi Richard,

Richard Earnshaw wrote:

If we leave the existing elf32-arm.h around for backwards compatibility
(with elfarm-oabi.c), then we could create a merged elf32-arm.c for
current development work without the need to waste a lot of time testing
that the new changes don't break the old code.

This is a good idea. Then when the 2.16 release is out the elf32-arm.h and elfarm-oabi.c files could be deleted.

But, if someone complained and we got convinced that we *did* need the old, old ABI, then we might get stuck trying to make changes in two places? I like the obsoletion idea, but I'd be happy to live with elf32-arm.h for one more release, before reorganizing.

I am entirely willing to tell them to go back to 2.15. This thing is
_dead_.

OK. In that case, I'd say we could just remove the code, then. What's the point in pretending we might keep it, if we've already made up our minds?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC