Re: ld-elf/exclude1.s, exclude.exp

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 03:36:00PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > ERROR: /h/hp/binutils/cvs_latest/src/ld/testsuite/ld-elf/exclude1.s: assembly failed
> > Why not just " .long exclude_symbol"?
>
> I figure if I pick a non-PC-relative reloc someone won't have one in
> the right size.  But if you think .long is more likely to work, then
> that's fine.

Use of .long with a symbolic operand is already in multiple
places in ld-testsuite so I think that's sufficient.

(BTW, the problem with the ERROR seems to be that
default_ld_assemble calls perror, which it shouldn't, because
perror notes in errcnt that the test run had errors, so there
result will not be just a harmless UNRESOLVED.  This effect can
seemingly be kludgingly reversed by "decr errcnt" in the caller
but rather not; better to fix default_ld_assemble.  Later.)

brgds, H-P