Re: i386 intel syntax integer load/store fp instructions

Since the patch to remove the (superfluous) Intel syntax fildd, fistpd,
and fisttpd instructions (24Jun2004) left intact the comments saying the
apply to fildq, fistpq, and fisttpq respectively. Whether this is
correct I cannot judge since I haven't been able to locate a formal AT&T
syntax specification (in order to see whether these instructions
actually exist there).
With the pending Intel syntax patch (which replaces these instructions
with suffix-less ones having the q_Suf attribute instead in order to
accept true Intel syntax constructs using the 'qword ptr' operand
modifier), these instructions wouldn't be accepted anymore in 32-bit
AT&T mode (q_Suf is generally rejected in 32-bit mode), which may not be
desirable (since gcc, for certain targets, still uses these).

Any clarification on this would be appreciated, so that I could perhaps
post a generally acceptable updated patch to address the various Intel
syntax shortcomings.

Thanks, Jan