Re: DWARF debug information with GAS

Hi Sonal,

I wanted to know if GNU assembler generates DWARF 2.0 debug information
in the output file.

I am using GNU assembler version 2.8 for TX19 architecture.

Yes and no. Yes GAS can produce DWARF 2.0 debug information, but you will need at least version 2.10 for this, and preferably the latest version: 2.15.

I am not sure however about this TX19 architecture that you refer to.
Is this a MIPS variant ? You may find that the 2.8 sources that you
have were specially modified to added support for the TX19 and that these modifications are not present in the current binutils sources.
If so you should contact whomever supplied you with this toolchain and ask them for a more recent version.