Re: m68k reloc types

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> > Ok, m68k could simply use pc relative addressing to access local symbols,
> > but which reloc type should be used to void creating the plt/got entry?
>
> As you already wrote, use pc-relative addressing with any PIC modifier.

Which PIC modifier? It actually seems to work without one.
So it seems "lea _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_(%pc),%a5" should work as well,
_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ only had to be treated as a local symbol.

> > In what other situation can R_68K_GOT32 be used for?
>
> When you want the pc-relative address of the GOT entry for a symbol.
> Ususally only used for _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_, but can be used for any
> other symbol as well (but gcc does not use this).

Ok, glibc did just answer me that question, it uses it in the startup
code. Does that mean we could get rid of the separate pic register as soon
as gcc knows about pc relative addressing?

bye, Roman