RE: [patch] MIPS: Follow the ABI rules for ordering HI16_S/LO16 relocs

  Ouch, yes, of course.  Silly me, I had even half-drafted a similar post
yesterday which included the words 'Does all this only apply in the case of
merging sections?'.  I can see they must be a nightmare of corner cases and
unexpected interactions.

  I think I'm going to have to propose a new fundamental law of nature,
along the lines of 'ABI-specified features expand to consume the
computational power available to them at link time'.

    cheers,
      DaveK