RE: PATCH mingw32 PE dlltool: Use internal name in import files.

  According to MSDN, this construct allows you to create an exported
function 'name' that corresponds to an actual function 'internal_name' in
the .dll; that is, 'internal_name' is the real function in the code and
'name' is the externally-visible alias that callers link against, that you
can look up with GetProcAddress, etc, etc.

> I notice that Mumit Khan added an option --add-stdcall-alias
> to dlltool,
> but how can this possibly do anything if aliases do not seem
> to do anything?

  Ah, that'll be something to do with the name decoration, won't it?  It's
not normal for plain old C symbols to get mangled, but when you use the
stdcall calling convention, M$' tools decorate the name with '@nnn', where
nnn is the number of bytes of stack arguments the function takes.  IIRC the
--add-stdcall-alias just means that for each symbol with the '@nnn' postfix,
you also get an equivalent undecorated symbol generated, to make linking
against callers that don't understand M$ stdcall name decoration that little
bit easier.

    cheers,
      DaveK