Re: pointer comparison breaks Solaris' qsort

On Jun  9, 2004, Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 06:53:31AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> I'm tempted to install it as obvious, but I'll ask...  Ok to install?

> No, it's not OK.  You need to make similar changes to the binary search
> that uses the sorted symbol array.  I'll pre-approve a patch that makes
> both places sort on section id.

What do you mean, not OK just because there's some other
potentially-related bug I can't duplicate, nor even locate in the
sources by the short description you provided?  It's definitely not in
elflink.c.

Maybe if you can point me at the other chunk of code you have in mind,
I could volunteer to fix this other bug, but conditioning the
acceptance of a correct patch that fixes a bug on fixing some other
bug is not reasonable IMHO.