Re: HELP: Change the sampling time in gprof

Hi Ranganarth,

I am working on debian linux 2.4.24-1-smp kernal

On an x86 ? An AMD64 ? An alpha ? ....

1. Alter the profil() function in your OS.

I may not be able to chage the profiler at this stage, so I will go for
the first option. can you tell me how to change the profil() function.is
this the function i have to change in this environment or is there some
thing else i should take care of.

Sorry this is a Linux kernel issue which is way beyond my limited knowledge. Basically you will want to find the sources for the profil() function in the kernel and then examine them to see if you can change the sampling frequency. You will then have to rebuild your kernel with this changed function in it before you can start generating profiles with greater frequency samples.