Re: mn10300: relaxing vs section merging

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:57:16PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Hmmm... it doesn't work without that, I suppose we could conditionally
> add it in for cases where _bfd_elf_rela_local_sym twiddles the value.
> Does that sound right?  All the other code in that region is adding in
> the vma and output offset, we need to do so also when we move a merged
> symbol.

Adding the difference between the old addend and the adjusted one, or
something like that, would probably be the right thing to do.  Also,
you have some dead code assigning symval before the rela_local_sym call.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre