Re: fatal: relocation error: R_SPARC_WDISP30

Nick,

I can't reproduce it on 32-bit(meaning binutils 2.14
compiled for 32-bit environment, not 64-bit running in
32-bit mode). I get that error when I run mplayer
which depends on that samba .so file, so the error is
coming from loader rather than linker.

When I compile samba with gcc and /usr/ccs/bin tools,
mplayer didn't give this error. Similarly, when I
compiled perl with sun tools, the same problem with
Glob.so module went away. So, problem is definitely
with binutils.

I will try to get you a smaller reproducible test
case.

Thanks Nick!
Sunil