Re: PATCH: bfdver.h fix

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 10:19:04PM +1000, Ben Elliston wrote:
> My patch earlier today to remove the config.status dependency on
> version.h was a good first step, but not complete.  Here is a patch
> that makes it work correctly.  It's still by no means beautiful, but
> it's slightly cleaner than generating bfdver.h from configure and is
> faster.
>
> Okay to commit?  BTW, will this upset any release scripts?

No, just my manual release process.  No big deal; instead of
regenerating configure I get to regenerate Makefile.in.

bfdver.h also depends on the Make rule (fine, it's standard to remove a
file if you modify the rule), but also on RELEASE from Makefile.am and
on VERSION.  I think it should probably depend on Makefile.in.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz