Re: coprocessor register mask in reginfo section ?

"K. Ahmed Feroz" <feroz@acmet.com> writes:

> GAS for a MIPS processor would emit .reginfo section. This section has
> fields for updating coprocessor register mask and GP value. I could find
> these fields are always zero.
>
> Can you tell me in what circumstances GAS has to emit coprocessor
> register mask and GP value?
>
> If you can give one example, it would be really helpful.

This test case:
	add.d	$f0,$f2,$f4
should give you a non-zero value in the register mask for coprocessor
one.

Getting a non-zero value for the GP value in assembler output depends
upon your object file format.  I don't think you mentioned what target
you are using.  The code for the N32 ABI will normally use a value of
0 in assembler output in all cases.  The code for the O32 ABI will
normally use a value of 0x4000.  To get a value for GP, you need code
like:
	.lcomm	foo,2
	lw	$2,foo

Ian