Re: demand_empty_rest_of_line and ignore_rest_of_line

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> writes:
>
> > I think you forgot CRIS.
>
> CRIS doesn't as of current gcc mainline, and probably never did.

I assume you mean s/gcc/glibc/?.  Oh well.  Mr. Drepper never
committed all the bits I sent for the CRIS port anyway and my
last patches and my suggestion of becoming the maintainer were
ignored.  Let's hope we can communicate better next time around.
Getting off-topic here...

>  But VAX
> does.  The only remaining target is NS32K, which has no glibc port.
>
> > BTW, I'm surprised m68k and ARM has
> > been changed to start .s files with #NO_APP.
>
> m68k always did it.

No, at least for a while it (m68k-linux) didn't.  See for
example the gcc-3.3 branch as of Mon Feb 23 18:58:32 GMT 2004.
It does "now" (last wednesday).  At a glance, it seems to have
been fixed by untangling the config #include mess.  I looked it
up last time we had a #NO_APP issue with binutils, and it didn't
at that time.  ARM (arm-linux) still didn't, main trunk as of
Wed Apr 21 08:31:07 GMT 2004.

Not that any of this is relevant wrt. the actual incorrectness
of emitting comments while in #NO_APP mode.

brgds, H-P