Re: About bfd (Binary File Descriptor)

At first, thanks for your reply.

I give an example to explain my problem.

For example, when i compile a c file to an executable file by using gcc,
i use the arm-elf-objdump(cross compile for target "arm") to dump the
executable file.Obviously,this will show the error message like "arm-elf-
objdump: a.exe: File format not recognized".

I try to find where is the program to examine the file format(ex:pei-i386 or
elf32-littlearm). But, i get nothing.
I think there must be some place to set the file format information, and to
check the file format when you wnat to execute this executable file or to dump
it.

                                                          thanks a lot!!