RE: success (distclean), and almost success (make check).

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

Thank you for your help and continued patience! :-)

> > The straightforward build, just using a parallel directory,
> > does fail one test for gas, but I don't know if that is significant.
>
> > Should I be concerned about this?
>
>   Not immediately.  For a start, that error was also present in your other
> build:
>
> --------snip--------
        [snipped :-)]
> --------snip--------
>
>   So you just overlooked the message.  CFI is some kind of dwarf2-related

Yes, didn't see it with all the rest of the output...

> frame unwinding / exception handling stuff, IIUIC; it's still a bit fluid,
> and the occasional bug is likely to show up.  If 64-bit SPARC is an

OK, that's fair eough for a cvs snapshot.
> important platform for you, you could always investigate.....

I don't know how to proceed further, though I'd be glad to
contribute test results if it will help.

The result for installing this in the afore-specified temporary
directory is, unfortunately a failure:

gmake[3]: Entering directory `/export/home/Scratch/hgs/binutils-cvs/build/bfd'
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
/bin/sh ../../src/bfd/../mkinstalldirs /scratch/hgs/local/lib
/bin/sh ../../src/bfd/../mkinstalldirs /scratch/hgs/local/include
/bin/sh ./libtool  --mode=install ../src/install-sh -c libbfd.la
/scratch/hgs/local/lib/libbfd.la
../src/install-sh -c .libs/libbfd.lai /scratch/hgs/local/lib/libbfd.la
./libtool: ../src/install-sh: not found
gmake[3]: *** [install_libbfd] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/export/home/Scratch/hgs/binutils-cvs/build/bfd'
gmake[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/Scratch/hgs/binutils-cvs/build/bfd'
gmake[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/Scratch/hgs/binutils-cvs/build/bfd'
gmake: *** [install-bfd] Error 2

See
http://www.eng.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~hgs/binutils-cvs-install-test.txt
for the full output.