RE: dejagnu "already configured"?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: binutils-owner On Behalf Of Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng

> Is there anything I have missed here?

Yep:  from http://www.eng.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~hgs/binutils-cvs-failure.txt

-----snip-----
+ gmake distclean
gmake: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
-----snip-----

>Why is that already
> configured when I did a make distclean and remove the build
> directory completely before re-writing it?

Because the distclean never happened, because you were in the wrong
directory when you tried to run it.  I extracted just the commands from your
textfile using grep, to make it clearer:

-----snip-----
dk> grep ^+ binutils-cvs-failure.txt
+ date
+ cd /export/home/Scratch/hgs/binutils-cvs/src
+ export CC
+ echo gcc
+ gcc --version
+ export MAKE
+ echo gmake
+ gmake --version
+ export PATH
+ echo $PATH
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
+ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
+ /usr/local/bin/ld --version
+ /usr/local/bin/as --version
+ uname -a
+ gmake distclean
-----snip-----

  Ooops!  We're still in the source dir!

-----snip-----
+ cvs update -d
+ cd ..
+ echo Completely clear out build directory, including .files...
+ /bin/rm -rf ./build
+ mkdir build
-----snip-----

  But this won't remove the generated files from the source tree.  Look at
the lines beginning '?' in the cvs output.

-----snip-----
+ cd build
+ pwd
+ echo Now in /export/home/Scratch/hgs/binutils-cvs/build
+ ../src/configure --with-ld=/usr/local/bin/ld --with-gnu-ld
--with-as=/usr/loca
l/bin/as --with-gnu-as --prefix=/scratch/hgs/local
+ gmake
+ exit 1

    cheers,
      DaveK