This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: objcopy - adding a section to the process image
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Guilherme Destefani <gd at helixbrasil dot com dot br>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 30 Jan 2004 15:08:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: objcopy - adding a section to the process image
- References: <email@example.com>
Guilherme Destefani <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'm using objcopy to add a section to a ELF file.
> Everything went just fine using this command line:
> ./objcopy umount umount_copy --add-section .secname=secfile
> --set-section-flags .secname=load,contents,data,readonly,alloc
> --change-section-address .secfile=0x8053310 --verbose
> And the section was added to the file (readelf), and the section header
> table was updated just fine.
> How do I update the program header table, to map that section on the
> virtual memory of the process?
There is no way to do this using objcopy.