This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: How to use new GAS
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Brian Blietz <bblietz at iastate dot edu>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 29 Jan 2004 22:03:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to use new GAS
- References: <4019C629.email@example.com>
Brian Blietz <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I have modified my GAS and would now like to
> use it very selectively.
> I don't want it to be the one in /usr/bin.
> I have looked in my Makefiles for my test packages,
> and do not see a place where the location of /usr/bin/as
> is set.
> How do you make gcc use "as" from another directory?
> For example /home/myname/binutils-2.14/bin/as
To install as in different place, use --prefix when you configure the
binutils. Or just copy the binary where you want it.
To make gcc use a different as, when you configure gcc, use
Or always invoke gcc with -B AS_DIRECTORY/ (note the trailing slash).