This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Why is .eh_frame in the data segment?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:12:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: Why is .eh_frame in the data segment?
- References: <20040129233629.GA24047@nevyn.them.org>
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 06:36:29PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I see that, from the very beginning of the current src repository, .eh_frame
> has been placed after .data. But no relocations are generated against it
> (normally at least?)
It used to always get relocs. It still can on some targets.
I've been thinking that it'd be nicer to just let the linker
place it correctly as an orphan section. That does need
something special for --gc-sections, but....