This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker relocation of debug information
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Jeff Baker <jbaker at qnx dot com>
- Cc: 'Ian Lance Taylor' <ian at wasabisystems dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:53:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: linker relocation of debug information
- References: <1578FF984ABAD411AFA5000102C4BB5B04E415AC@nimbus>
On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 04:33:16PM -0500, Jeff Baker wrote:
> > > > If you can change the tools, I would try changing the binutils to
> > > > relocate debug information. I don't know if it will help, but it's
> > > > probably worth a try.
> > >
> > > That was my plan. I just need to figure out how to do that.
> > I don't know what your target is, but look for instances of
> > SEC_DEBUGGING in the relevant files.
> We're having problems on PPC, ARM and SH (amazingly MIPS actually works).
> I've done the search for SEC_DEBUGGING but all references to it are
> identical to those in our 2.10.1 branch.
> I'm not going to do anything until I see where this thread ends up.
I posted the relevant diff for PPC in ... 2002 sometime?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:02:09 -0400
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
Subject: PPC relocs in shared libraries
It's SEC_ALLOC, in this case, not SEC_DEBUGGING.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer