This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: linker relocation of debug information
- From: Jeff Baker <jbaker at qnx dot com>
- To: Jeff Baker <jbaker at qnx dot com>, 'Ian Lance Taylor' <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: 'Daniel Jacobowitz' <drow at mvista dot com>, "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:27:44 -0500
- Subject: RE: linker relocation of debug information
Sidebar: Is anyone else noticing that my mailer isn't working right?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeff Baker
> Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 4:33 PM
> To: 'Ian Lance Taylor'; Jeff Baker
> Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: RE: linker relocation of debug information
> > > > If you can change the tools, I would try changing the binutils to
> > > > relocate debug information. I don't know if it will help, but it's
> > > > probably worth a try.
> > >
> > > That was my plan. I just need to figure out how to do that.
> > I don't know what your target is, but look for instances of
> > SEC_DEBUGGING in the relevant files.
> We're having problems on PPC, ARM and SH (amazingly MIPS actually works).
> I've done the search for SEC_DEBUGGING but all references to it are
> identical to those in our 2.10.1 branch.
> I'm not going to do anything until I see where this thread ends up.