This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: linker relocation of debug information
- From: Jeff Baker <jbaker at qnx dot com>
- To: 'Ian Lance Taylor' <ian at wasabisystems dot com>, Jeff Baker <jbaker at qnx dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:18:13 -0500
- Subject: RE: linker relocation of debug information
> > Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that a developer was locked
> > using binutils 2.12.1 and gdb 5.2.1 for an upcoming release. Let's also
> > that this developer is unable to step into shared object because the
> > sections aren't relocated. What would you suggest as a solution?
> I don't know, are you allowed to change the tools at all?
I'm permitted to make one-off changes for our next release. In subsequent
releases we hope to be using stock, current binutils. That's assuming I can
actually find enough time to work on our mips support without being
interrupted for random utility bugs and runtime licensing problems.
> If you can change the tools, I would try changing the binutils to
> relocate debug information. I don't know if it will help, but it's
> probably worth a try.
That was my plan. I just need to figure out how to do that.