This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker relocation of debug information
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Jeff Baker <jbaker at qnx dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 28 Jan 2004 15:41:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: linker relocation of debug information
- References: <1578FF984ABAD411AFA5000102C4BB5B04E415A7@nimbus>
Jeff Baker <email@example.com> writes:
> Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that a developer was locked into
> using binutils 2.12.1 and gdb 5.2.1 for an upcoming release. Let's also say
> that this developer is unable to step into shared object because the debug
> sections aren't relocated. What would you suggest as a solution?
I don't know, are you allowed to change the tools at all?
If you can change the tools, I would try changing the binutils to
relocate debug information. I don't know if it will help, but it's
probably worth a try.