This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils 2.14 ld __dso_handle error
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Kenneth McNamara <conmara at grandcanyonhiker dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:30:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: binutils 2.14 ld __dso_handle error
- References: <2A5290A0-5039-11D8-B56B-00039347ACBA@grandcanyonhiker.com>
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 02:52:26PM -0500, Kenneth McNamara wrote:
> I've seen some indication that this may be an 'ld' (Gnu Linker) bug -
> if not, please excuse this email.
> Fresh download and local compile of binutils 2.14 over the last
> weekend. This is a Redhat 8.0 system with a locally compiled 2.4.20
> real time (rtai) kernel.
> Compiling a medium complex product named EMC (which has been compiled
> successfully by other people - but not on this system).
> Error is:
> /usr/local/bin/ld: /usr/local/emc/plat/linux_rtai/bin/testppt : hidden
> symbol '__dso_handle' in
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2/crtbegin.o is referenced by DSO
You may have created a shared library without using "gcc -shared".