This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Why no error for the unresolved '-u SYMBOL' LD option ??
- From: Massimiliano Guerra <massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it>
- To: "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:39:53 +0100
- Subject: Why no error for the unresolved '-u SYMBOL' LD option ??
- Organization: CMZ SISTEMI ELETTRONICI S.r.l.
- Reply-to: "massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it" <massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it>
I whant to force the link (exctract) of some functions from a library file (archive).
Then I add this library file in the objects list of the LD and also I add the option
'-u SYMBOL' where SYMBOL is the name of one of the functions I want force to
exctract from the previous archive. Ok all works good.
But now If I miss to add the library file in the objects list the linker LD don't
issue any error message. Why ?
How I can force an error for this type of undefined symbols ??
Thanx in advance for the help.