Re: Incremental linking

> > I'm currently working on a project where I'd like to link a few
> > object files into a linked executable. My platform is Debian
>  GNU/Linux x86 and for my problem I'd like to perform incremental
>  linking.
>
> GNU ld supports incremental linking, but I don't think it's what
> you're talking about:

No, as you guessed that's not what I need :-/

> As far as incremental linking (as it is commonly known), why do you
> feel you need it?  A bit of work has gone into making ld faster in the
> past six months or so and so an upgrade might cure any performance
> concerns.

Actually my concern is not speed. I'm patching binaries (currently relocatable
files) with calls to functions, and would like to patch executable files
directly. The problem is then that I'd have to do the relocation by myself for
all additional files I link to the executable (and I guess this would be
solved by incremental linking).

// Simon