Re: mips address+symbol issue.

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

(My understanding is that the C standard doesn't even permit you to
form the address of an out-of-bounds array access.  Doing so moves you
out of the range of standardized behaviour, and no promises are made.)

Ian

That's correct, with the odd exception that you can point just past the end of an array, and get a valid pointer value that can be compared with any pointer within the array (it's larger :-) but cannot be dereferenced. At least that's my understanding!