This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Invalid constraints on SPARC f?tox and fxto?
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Over <andrew dot over at cs dot anu dot edu dot au>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, Bill Clarke <llib at computer dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:05:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Invalid constraints on SPARC f?tox and fxto?
- References: <20040108113148.A24141@cs.anu.edu.au>
> I've recently been looking into gcc bug 10904, which involves gcc
> generating instructions such as:
> fdtox %f8,%f7
> on SPARC64 .
> Sun's assembler chokes on this construct, while gas silently accepts it
> (and according to Sun's disassembler, the %f7 is encoded as %f38). One
> consequence of this is that when using gas with gcc on sparc64, the
> (broken) assembly is silently misassembled.
> I've attached a patch against binutils 2.14 which I believe tightens up
> these constraints.
Thanks very much for submitting this patch, and I am sorry that it
took me so long to reply to your email. I have approved and applied
your patch to the mainline binutils sources so that it will appear in
the next binutils release.