This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ia64 kernel __gp location problem w/ 126.96.36.199.4
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Greg Edwards <edwardsg at sgi dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 20 Jan 2004 13:27:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: ia64 kernel __gp location problem w/ 188.8.131.52.4
- References: <20040120191134.GA12840@sgi.com>
On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 11:11, Greg Edwards wrote:
> This has caused problems during the final link stage when there are large
> structures in .data, resulting in __gp not covering all of the short data
> section. Does this look like a bug with the linker?
Try my 2003-11-18 linker patch. This fixed a problem with a bad gp
address that showed up while linking emacs.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com