This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
I: Patch to support "@<filename>" in binutils (as objects file list)
- From: Massimiliano Guerra <massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it>
- To: "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:33:51 +0100
- Subject: I: Patch to support "@<filename>" in binutils (as objects file list)
- Organization: CMZ SISTEMI ELETTRONICI S.r.l.
- Reply-to: "massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it" <massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it>
Do you remember last week the topic:
"Why my 'ar.exe' and 'ld.exe' does not work with the inline parameter '@objectslistfile'
So if anybody wants to submit a patch to support "@<filename>" in
binutils I am willing to review it.
Ok I've done a simple example of solution to this topic.
The problem is that I'm not able to build a patch by myself (I'm a windows user).
Then I've attached my modified file 'ar.c' for the Archiver and the file
'lexsup.c' for the Linker.
You can find my modifications inside the macros:
I've skipped the other source lines with dots. I hope will be clear.
I've tested only under windows my modiifcations.
I don't know if you are interested to make a binutils public patch of this example.
However has been a lot amusing to discuss about this topic with many peoples !!!!!