This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: The new assembler with unwind table bug fix
- From: David Mosberger <davidm at napali dot hpl dot hp dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: davidm at hpl dot hp dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:08:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: The new assembler with unwind table bug fix
- References: <20040114223735.GA6409@lucon.org><email@example.com><20040116225652.GB16924@lucon.org>
- Reply-to: davidm at hpl dot hp dot com
>>>>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:56:52 -0800, "H. J. Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> said:
HJ> It is not easy to fix. The problem is the assembler uses the
HJ> next instruction after .align to find the region size. With
HJ> .align 64
HJ> .endp foo
HJ> it couldn't tell where a region ends.
OK, but even if I put in a "nop 0" after ".align 64", it still didn't
get it right. I really think both cases ought to work, but I agree
that the above test-case is rather artificial, so it's less important.