This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Why my 'ar.exe' and 'ld.exe' does not work with the inlineparameter '@objectslistfile'
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it" <massimiliano dot guerra at cmz dot it>, "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:55:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: Why my 'ar.exe' and 'ld.exe' does not work with the inlineparameter '@objectslistfile'
- References: <01C3DA7E.C4E85200.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Basically because it is not needed. You can achieve the same thing
> using the tools that are already available. For example:
> ar.exe -r archive `cat objectfilelist`
On Windows (incl. Cygwin) this is liable to overflow the limit on the
length of the command line, which is some ridiculously small number