This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Never emit R_ARM_PC24 relocations when linking
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Phil Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:46:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: Never emit R_ARM_PC24 relocations when linking
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> on Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 07:12:41PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:42:29PM +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> > > linker input should be treated as entirely synonymous, right? The next
> > > obvious stage would be to stop gas from producing PLT32, and then that
> > > reloc type can fade gently into obscurity.
> > Yes. The only difference I see in their handling now is a case I
> > missed in relocate_section, and some PC24 code that doesn't handle
> > PLT32 for interworking.
> Great. Well, here's a patch for the gas change I mentioned yesterday.
> 2004-01-09 Philip Blundell <email@example.com>
> * config/tc-arm.c (do_branch): Eat "(plt)" qualifier but don't
> output any special relocation.
> (do_branch25): Likewise.