This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix string merging problems on mips*-linux-gnu
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, echristo at redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:48:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fix string merging problems on mips*-linux-gnu
- References: <email@example.com><20040112104425.GB31589@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The patch is changing a wrong place.
> This is assembler's and linker's responsibility, not compiler's.
Oops. Thanks for the info, I obviously failed to do my homework properly.
The fact that no other port did this should have sent the alarm bells ringing.
> Please revert it and fix binutils instead.
OK, I've reverted it. I'll try to come up with a patch for the gas problem.