This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch/rfc] Use i686-pc-linux-gnu as the releng target
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com,newlib at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:09:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc] Use i686-pc-linux-gnu as the releng target
- References: <4002C4DD.email@example.com>
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:01:33AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> GDB, and I suspect binutils, and just possibly newlib (true?), as part
> of the release process does:
> ./configure sun4
> (it is so that the .info et.al. files can be generated). The problem is
> that GDB no longer configures for the good old sun4.
> This patch changes the system being used from "sun4" to "i686-pc-linux-gnu".
> For binutils, can the release engineer give this a wirl.
> For newlib, is this logic still used? Can that part of the file be removed?
> Once we've sorted things here I'll see about pushing this upstream into
> GCC repository (gcc doesn't use this file).
The GCC repository doesn't contain it, either.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer