This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add --only-keep-debug-and-symbols option to objcopy
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, nickc at redhat dot com, drepper at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:06:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --only-keep-debug-and-symbols option to objcopy
- References: <20040109133731.GI6413@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:37:31PM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Following patch on top of Nick's patch from yesterday adds
> --only-keep-debug-and-symbols option which does something similar
> to eu-strip -f foo.debug foo with the foo.debug file.
> Particularly, it keeps debugging sections (like --only-keep-debug),
> but also .symtab/.strtab. Allocated sections are changed into
> SHT_NOBITS sections, so that the symbols don't have to be converted
> into SHN_ABS symbols.
> Ok to commit?
Is there any advantage to using --only-keep-debug after this? i.e.
should we just change the behaviour of --only-keep-debug instead?
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer