This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [discuss] --with-sysroot required when building 32->64 bit crosstoolchain? (was: building a cross-compiler is hard)
- From: Raul Miller <moth at magenta dot com>
- To: Daniel Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- Cc: discuss at x86-64 dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:03:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: [discuss] --with-sysroot required when building 32->64 bit crosstoolchain? (was: building a cross-compiler is hard)
- References: <3FFC8E2C.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:54:36PM -0800, Daniel Kegel wrote:
> http://www.x86-64.org/lists/bugs/msg00865.html also
> mentions this problem, but doesn't have a solution.
represents my best effort at a solution. Although I wasn't very clear
about this in the message, that compiler is capable of building running
Note that this winds up using certain debian patches and sources (though
not the debian build procedure). If you'd like, I can provide any or
all of the files I used there. I'm sure that some of the patches I used
are irrelevant, but they seem to be a part of the solution.
Note also that the problem I reported in that message appears to not be
specific to the compiler I built -- I get exactly the same problem when
I use a complete 64 bit toolchain I downloaded from suse. I imagine
it's something in my kernel .config, but I've not tried to isolate
I hope this helps,