This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: --with-sysroot required when building 32->64 bit crosstoolchain? (was: building a cross-compiler is hard)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Daniel Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- Cc: discuss at x86-64 dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:06:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: --with-sysroot required when building 32->64 bit crosstoolchain? (was: building a cross-compiler is hard)
- References: <3FFC8E2C.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:54:36PM -0800, Daniel Kegel wrote:
> so I guess ld doesn't obey -L for that file?!
Yes. It doesn't matter that it's a 32/64-bit cross environment, it's
still a cross environment to a hosted target. DT_NEEDED are only
searched via -rpath-link and SEARCH_DIR.
You can use --with-sysroot for binutils without using it for GCC. It's
not necessarily a good idea though.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer