This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Macro name and comment fixes for gas/tc-mips.c
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:03:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: Macro name and comment fixes for gas/tc-mips.c
- References: <email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I spent some time being confused by the macro ISA_HAS_COPROC_DELAYS
> because I thought it meant something like ``this ISA requires delays
> for co-processor instructions.'' In fact, as the comment explains, it
> means something rather different, namely that the ISA requires delays
> in a variety of different situations.
> I propose that we rename the macro to ISA_HAS_NONBRANCH_DELAYS to
> avoid such confusion. This patch does that rename, and also fixes the
> comment for this macro and for the gpr_interlocks macro.
ISA_HAS_NONBRANCH_DELAYS seems a bit too general. I'd have
expected !ISA_HAS_NONBRANCH_DELAYS to imply the ISA needs no
non-branch delays, but that isn't necessarily true. You still
might need hi/lo-related nops.