This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Skip ia64 for ld-selective
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:48:18 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Skip ia64 for ld-selective
- References: <20040106202914.GA13179@lucon.org>
On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:29:14PM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> We used to skip ia64 for ld-selective since I got
> /tmp/cc4VGQYm.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/cc4VGQYm.s:114: Error: Cannot represent BFD_RELOC_VTABLE_ENTRY relocation
> in object file
> gcc: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program as)
I think you should fix gas to not segfault, but I guess that won't cure
the testsuite failure. You'd still get an ERROR result from the
compile, which isn't hidden by setup_xfail..
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
> The changed made on 2004-01-02 caused "make check" failures on ia64.
> This patch restores the old behavior.
Sorry if my change caused you failures. This is obviously OK.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre