This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Skip ia64 for ld-selective
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, amodra at bigpond dot net dot au
- Date: 06 Jan 2004 22:02:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Skip ia64 for ld-selective
- References: <20040106202914.GA13179@lucon.org>
On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 12:29, H. J. Lu wrote:
> * ld-selective/selective.exp: Skip ia64-*-*.
I don't see the point of this patch.
While IA-64 does not currently support selective linking, it presumably
should be added at some point in the future. Alan's patch thus gives us
xfails to indicate that the feature hasn't been implemented yet.
I don't get any fails when I run the test the testsuite. I only get the
2 expected fails that Alan added.
The IA-64 behaviour here is consistent with all other targets, so I see
no reason to change it.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com