This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: SH relocation differences in older versions of the binutils
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: jbaker at qnx dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:16:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: SH relocation differences in older versions of the binutils
- References: <1578FF984ABAD411AFA5000102C4BB5B04E41516@nimbus>
Given that the old relocs only happen with -relax, and gcc doesn't use
the new ones at all, have you even encountered such a collision yet?
Otherwise, I don't know of any way to test these. The old numbering
was wrong; if anything the old ones would need the special comment.
The new numbering reflects compatibility with Hitachi's tools, which
we cannot control. So, even if we added a flag, you would not be able
to rely on it.