This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: SH relocation differences in older versions of the binutils
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: jbaker at qnx dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:52:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: SH relocation differences in older versions of the binutils
- References: <1578FF984ABAD411AFA5000102C4BB5B04E41515@nimbus>
> For example: If I send you some random .o that contains a reloc number 0x24
> can you tell me if it's supposed to be an R_SH_LOOP_START or an R_SH_DIR8UW
> just by examining the binary?
Well, R_SH_LOOP_START should point to the loop opcode (or near it), if
you want to disassemble it. I don't expect that to be reliable,